JL Audio XD700/5v2 700 Watt 5 Channel Amplifier
The JL Audio XD700/5v2 5 channel amplifier is perfect for powering 4 speakers and either a single entry-level or mid-level subwoofer. This amp will deliver 75 watts per channel to 4 speakers at 4 ohms and the subwoofer channel puts out 300 watts at 2 ohms. The XD700/5v2 is perfect for those that want amazing clarity but not a ton of bass. This amp will still deliver plenty of bass, but if you want a ton of bass, check out the XD1000/5v2.
The XD amplifiers offer superior sound performance and signal processing thanks to JL's advanced thermal rollback protection. That is a fancy way of saying, "These amps are efficient and they don't get hot." This helps eliminate distortion and delivers cleaner, better-sounding power.
This amplifier has high pass filters for channels 1 & 2, high-pass OR bandpass filters for channels 3 & 4, and a low pass filter for the subwoofer channel. The bandpass filter on channels 3 & 4 allows you to have true, 3-channel crossover because channels 1 & 2 also have a 10x switch that allows you to set the high-pass frequencies between 500 and 5000 Hz instead of 50 and 500 Hz. The crossovers slope is 12dB/octave. This amp has a selectable, 2/4/6 channel input switch for easy installation if you do not have a subwoofer pre-out it can be used with the HD-RLC to control the level for either all channels or only the subwoofer channel. The XD amps accept both high and low levels inputs, and they have an auto-turn on feature with either audio signal or DC offset.
The JL Audio XD series amplifiers are the "Go-to" amps for those that want the best JL has to offer, but do not want to get into the HD, Slash, and VXi amplifiers due to cost or complexity reasons. When the JL reps put systems in their cars, they use the XD amps.
This amplifier will work with a 4 AWG wiring kit and has a black, powdercoated finish with a brushed aluminum cover.
If you are looking to power 4 speakers and a single subwoofer, and you want the best JL Audio has, this amp is it. This amp is big in power, yet delivers clean power in a compact chassis. There is nothing like JL Audio power and these XD amplifiers more than live up to the reputation.
This amp is ideal for powering a single subwoofer from W0 up to W3 including both TW1 and TW3. If you are a bass head looking to power multiple subwoofers, a single W6, or a single W7, you probably will like the XD1000/5v2 better.
- Main Channels - 75W RMS x 4 @ 4 Ohm
- Main Channels - 100W RMS x 4 @ 2 Ohm
- Subwoofer Channel - 180W RMS x 1 @ 4 Ohm
- Subwoofer Channel - 240W RMS x 1 @ 3 Ohm
- Subwoofer Channel - 300W RMS x 1 @ 2 Ohm
- High Pass Filter on Front Channels
- High Pass or Bandpass Filter for Rear Channels
- 2/4/6 Channel Input Selector Switch
- Built in Crossover
- 2.05"(H) x 10.23"(W) x 7.09"(D)
- Weighs 6.15 lb
- 12 Hz - 22 kHz (+0, -1dB) Frequency Response (Main Channels)
- 10 Hz - 1 kHz (+0, -1dB) Frequency Response (Subwoofer Channel)
- >150 / 50 Hz Damping Factor @ 4 Ω
- >75 / 50 HzDamping Factor @ 2 Ω
- <1% @ 2 Ω per Ch. THD+N @ Rated Power (Main Channels)
- <1% @ 2 Ω per Ch.THD+N @ Rated Power (Subwoofer Channels)
- Accepts both High Level and Low Level Inputs
- Automatic Turn On Sensing
- Min.Copper Power / Ground Wire Gauge 4 AWG wire
- Fuse Rating 60 A (AFS, AGU or MaxiFuse™)
California Prop 65 Warning:Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov