What's the difference? A dual dash mount speaker is a pair of 3.5" or 4" speakers mounted to an ABS plate. A dual voice coil speaker is a single speaker that has two tweeters, one for the left channel and one for the right. Both styles give you stereo sound from a single speaker.
If you scroll down below the categories below, we have additional information regarding our premium dash speakers, the differences, and recommendations depending on what equipment you have and what you are trying to accomplish.
More About Dash Speakers
Premium Dual Dash Mount Dash SpeakersWe are proud to offer the largest and highest quality selection of dash speakers for classic cars. With our premium options for dual dash speakers, you can choose speakers from top car audio brands including Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, Hertz, JL Audio, Audison, and more. We have searched to find speakers that will work with the existing 6x9, 4x10, and bracketed plates that will give more than just the standard speaker sound quality. These speakers fit behind the dash and have better tweeters to give you cleaner, clearer high frequency output. The right speaker for you will depend on the radio model and whether or not you have an amplifier. Continue reading past the dual voice coil section for more detailed recommendations.
Dual Voice Coil SpeakersWe offer two different brands of dual voice coil dash speakers. We offer dash speakers from both Custom Autosound and Antique Automobile Radio. Both of brands of these dash speakers consist of two tweeters that are on a single speaker. One tweeter plays the left channel and the other plays the right. The Custom Autosound dual voice coil dash speakers offer great value, but they have a deeper mounting depth than the low-profile, AAR speakers. Custom Autosound offers more direct fit, bracketed dash speakers than Antique Automobile Raido does, as the AAR speakers come with aluminum strap that you bend and/or cut to build your bracket, if necessary. The Antique Automobile Raido dash speakers have a much shallower, lower-profile basket which allows for easier installation and they can fit where some Custom Autosound dual voice coil speakers may not. However, the Antique Automobile Radio dash speakers are more expensive than the Custom Autosound ones.
For most applications, we feel that the premium dual dash mount speakers offer the best sound quality. If you really only have 1 speaker in the entire vehicle, and you are just running your dash speaker off of the radio, a dual voice coil speaker may be a better option. But, if you have some rear 6x9's, a pair of kick panel speakers, or some Undercover speakers under the seats, the tweeters of the premium dual dash mount speakers just sound better. So, which brands and models of dash speakers do we offer?
Here's a list:
- Kicker CS Series - Perfect if not using an amplifier. Efficient, lightweight cones. Our best selling series.
- Kicker KS Series - We recommend running these dash speaker with the additional power from an amp.
- Hertz Dieci - Super efficient speakers that work well directly off of the radio, or with an amplifier. Probably our "Go-To". Can't beat the sound quality
- Hertz Cento - Higher end version of the Hertz Dieci. Offers the best separation among all of our dash speaker models. The Hertz Energy need the extra power from an amplifier
- Rockford Fosgate Prime - Super efficient silk dome tweeters that work and sound great both off of the raido and with an amplifier. Comparable to Kicker CS, cheaper than Hertz
- JL Audio C2 - JL Audio, what can we say. Super smooth, efficient speakers. Can play directly off of the radio, we recommend an amplifier, but you don't NEED one.
- Audison Prima - Higher end speakers that sound really nice. Only available in 4" so there are some limited applications. These speakers need an amplifier.
- Morel Tempo Ultra - The Morel speakers are known for delivering great sound quality. These are higher end speakers and they require an amplifier. But, if you like clean, natural output the Tempo Ultra dash speakers will deliver clean vocals with balanced output.
- BLAM - The BLAM speakers are 2 ohm speakers that need an amplifier. Since these speakers are 2 ohm, they play louder and sound cleaner than the other options. The BLAM speakers have silk dome tweeters are rich, natural sounding output. If you want higher end and you want them to play louder and cleaner, these speakers will do it.