JL Audio 10TW1-4 10 Inch TW1 Subwoofer 4 Ohm
- 300W RMS Power Handling
- Single 4 Ohm Voice Coil
- 4.36" Mounting Depth
- Grille Included
- Built in the USA with Global Components
- Recommended Sealed Enclosure Volume: 0.35 cu ft.
- Recommend Ported Enclosure Volume: 0.625 cu ft.
The JL Audio 10TW1-4 subwoofer handles 300 watts RMS and delivers clean, hard-hitting bass without requiring a ton of power or air space. The JL Audio TW1 uses JL's concentric cone technology to move the motor forward and deliver full size bass output from a shallow subwoofer. While many shallow subwoofers sound, "Shallow," the TW1 does not. These subs sound great, they don't need much power, and they can work with as little as .350 cu ft of air space for a sealed enclosure and .626 cu. ft. for a ported enclosure.
The 10TW1-4 has a single, 4-ohm voice coil and is ideal for dual subwoofer applications, wired in parallel, to a 2 ohm load. The single 4 ohm voice coil is also ideal if you are bridging your amplifier and you need to wire to a 4 ohm load. Whether you are powering 1 subwoofer at 4 ohms or a pair of subwoofers at 2 ohmls, we like the JL Audio JD500/1, XD600/1, JD500/1, or RD500/1 amplifiers to power this 10TW1-4.
The TW1 is the baby brother to the TW3. The TW1's require less power than the TW3s and they need less air space. While the TW3 actually has a shallower mounting depth, the TW1 has less protrusion on the front side of the subwoofer and the TW1 comes with a grille included. If you are limited on lateral space, the mounting ring of the TW1 is somewhat chopped off which allows you to mount these subwoofers closer together than virtually every other subwoofer on the market.
If you want a subwoofer that will deliver the bass output and performance you expect from JL Audio without sacrificing all of your space in either the trunk of your car or the cab of your truck, the 10TW1-2 will outperform your expectations while still living up to the reputation that comes with the JL Audio name.
- 300W RMS Power Handling
- Recommended Amp Power: 75-300W RMS
- Very shallow mounting depth (4.36 in / 111 mm)
- No pole vent: permits mounting close to rear wall of enclosure
- Extremely small sealed enclosure volume requirements
- Long linear excursion capability (0.40 in / 10 mm, one-way)
- DMA-optimized motor design
- Patented "concentric tube" architecture
- Patented "floating cone attach method" technology
- Cast alloy frame with flat edges for tight driver grouping
- Injection molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone
- Rubber surround
- Steel mesh grille included with each driver
- Precision-built in USA at JL Audio's Miramar, Florida factory