JL Audio TW1 CS212LG-TW1 and XD600/1v2 12 Inch Subwoofer Kit
This kit includes the JL Audio CS112LG-TW3 dual 12 inch TW1 loaded enclosure and a JD500/1 500 watt amplifier.
The CS212LG-TW3 is a loaded enclosure with two, 12 inch TW1 subwoofers that has been wired to a 2 ohm load. Each 12 inch TW1 subwoofer handles 300 watts RMS, giving the enclosure itself the ability to handle 600 watts RMS from the amplifier. The sealed enclosure is designed and optimized by the team at JL Audio for maximum performance and output from the TW1 subwoofers.
The TW1 subwoofers are surprising with their output. These subwoofers are super clean, they hit hard, and they are nice and "punchy" in this sealed enclosure. One of the benefits of the JL Audio TW1 and this enclosure is the width of the subwoofers. The mounting ring on the TW1's are chopped off which allows you to mount them closer together. In addition, the box doesn't need to be as tall. When you compare the output and the size of the enclosure, there aren't many loaded enclosures that can compete with the CS212LG-TW1. Many "shallow" subwoofers available for cars sound shallow, the TW1 subs do not. The CS112LG-TW3 comes covered with high-quality, black carpet with "JL Audio" embroidery and subwoofer grilles pre-installed.The JL Audio XD600/1v2 amplifier delivers 600 watts RMS at 2 ohms, which is a perfect match for the two 12 inch, TW1 subwoofers.
The JL Audio XD600/1v2 uses JL's NexD switching technology and uses JL's advanced thermal rollback technology. This helps keep the amp cooler and therefore it sounds better and has less distortion. The XD600/1v2 amplifier is very compact given it's output and performance. The XD series amplifiers are the "go-to" amps among the JL reps. The XD600/1v2 accepts both high and low level inputs and has selectable 12dB or 24 dB/octave crossovers with a defeatable low-pass filter.
To quickly and easily adjust the bass level for each song and recording, don't forget to add the HD-RLC bass knob.
What else will I need?If you don't already have these items, you will likely need them for installation
- An Amp Wiring Kit - If you don't already have an amplifier wiring kit, make sure to get one. With this amplifier, an 8 AWG kit will be able to provide the power necessary for the amp. However, make sure your wiring kit uses full-spec, OFC copper, and not copper coated aluminum (CCA). If you go on eBay, or to that company named after a jungle in Brazil, and see an amp wiring kit for really cheap, chances are it is CCA. This robs your amplifier of power and it increases the fire risk. Don't spend the money on a quality product like JL Audio and then cheap out on the amp wiring. That would be like putting pump gas in a race car. Our Classic Car Stereos 4 AWG & 8 AWG amp wiring kits use full spec, OFC copper wire and include a 17 foot RCA cable
- Speaker Wire or RCA Cable for Input- If you buy our wiring kit, a 2 channel, 17 foot RCA cable is included. If you are using the high level inputs from your radio, you will need speaker wire to splice from your existing speaker wire, or to connect to the back of the radio.
- Speaker Wire to RCA Adapter - If you choose high-level inputs, you will need speaker level to RCA adapters.
- Speaker Wire - You need to connect your subwoofer to your amplifier.
- Bass Knob (Optional) - Adding a bass knob lets quickly and easily adjust the level of your subwoofer. Every song and recording is different and so are the bass levels. The bass knob lets you adjust the bass to your personal preference, prevent distortion, and extend the life of your subwoofer.
500W x 1 @ 3 Ohms
600W x 1 @ 2 Ohms