JL Audio MBT-CRXv2 Bluetooth Controller & Receiver
- Bluetooth Enabled Audio Controller
- Includes Volume Control & Play/Pause & Prev/Next Track Controls
- Small Footprint & Connect to Amplifier for High Quality Sound without Needing a Radio
JL Audio Bluetooth Media Controller and ReceiverThe JL Audio MBT-CRXv2 is a marine rate, Bluetooth controller and receiver. This unit allows you to wireless play music from your phone while also providing buttons to control the volume, change songs, and play/pause music.
No Radio Required
Because you can connect via Bluetooth and still have volume and track controlm, you can add a stereo to your classic car, boat, UTV, or any other vehicle needing an actual radio in your dash.
2 Channel RCA Outputs
The MBT-CRXv2 comes with one pair of RCA outputs. The RCA outputs voltage is 2V RMS so we don't recommend using this for more than one amplifier.
Power Source Required
While you can connect your phone directly to the MBT-CRXv2, adjust volume, change tracks, and play or pause music, you still need a power source to connect and power your speakers. While you can use an existing radio, we like to pair the MBT-CRXv2 up with a JL Audio amplifier. You can use virtually any JL Audio amplifier, but you will want to make sure that you set the input switch to "2." This means, the amplifier will take the input from the MBT-CRXv2 and use it as the input for all of the channels on the amplifier.
If you are using this in combination with a 5 channel amplifier to power a subwoofer, we recommend adding a bass knob for quick and easy control over the subwoofer level.
2 Wire Power Connection w/ Optional Remote Turn On WireInstalling the MBT-CRXv2 is very straightforward. It only needs 12V power and ground. You want to make sure that the power wire is switched if you are not using the optional remote wire input. If you do use the remote wire input from a head unit, the power button on the MBT-CRXv2 will not operate and instead the unit will turn on and off with the head unit. If you aren't using a head unit, don't worry about the blue/white remote input wire.
We really like the JL Audio MX series amplifiers in combination with this piece. While you can use any JL Audio amplifier, the MX series amps are super compact yet still deliver the power output and sound quality you expect from JL Audio. While the MX series amps are great, they aren't available in a 5 channel version if you want a subwoofer. If you want to use the MBT-CRXv2 in with 4 speakers and a subwoofer, checkout the RD900/5 or any of the JL Audio M Series 5 channel amplifiers.
- JL Audio MX280/4 - 280W 4 Channel Amplifier
- JL Audio MX500/4 - 500W 4 Channel Amplifier.
- JL Audio RD900/5 - 900W 5 Channel Amplifier
- JL Audio M700/5 - 700W 5 Channel Amplifier
- JL Aduio M1000/5 - 1000W 5 Channel Amplifier
- Bluetooth® Version 4.0 with aptX®
- 48 mA (at idle) / 64 mA (at full output) Current Draw
- 8 - 28 VDC Input Operating Voltage
- 2A Mini ATC Fuse Rating
- 2V RMS Output Voltage
- 20 Hz - 18 kHz (±1dB) Frequency Response
- 93 dB (20 Hz - 20 kHz) S/N Ratio
- Up to 35 ft / 11 m Connection Range*
- 350 mA (max) Remote Turn-on Output Capacity
- A2DP (High-Quality, Stereo Audio) Bluetooth® Profile
- One Stereo Pair, Low-Level RCA Plug Outputs